For Adopting Families
Funding an Adoption
- Financial Assistance Organizations - This is a list of organizations that we know of that offer grants or low-interest loans (sometimes with no interest) to adoptive families. Pay careful attention to the requirements for each organization, as they vary from one to another. We regularly update this document, but if you find that any of the information is outdated, or if you have a suggestion for something to add, let us know.
- Fund Your Adoption - This site includes a host of information on adoption grants and other creative ideas to raise funds for an adoption.
Support Adoptive Families
Treatment Option for Special-Needs Children
- The Cord Blood Center - For children with certain diseases and conditions, cord blood can be an effective treatment. If you think your child might benefit from cord blood treatment, visit their site for more information.
- They now have a sister site, Cord Blood Guide, which provides information on the cord blood banking process for those who are interested in learning more about this.
- The Do More Foundation - From their site:
The Do More Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charity that exists to assist families with financial needs that arise as a result of a medically needy or chronically ill child. We also assist families with the costs associated with funeral expenses related to the death of a child.
The Do More Foundation can assist with the expenses that are incurred and not covered by traditional health insurance. Some examples of this would be:
* Assistance with rent/utility bills
* Assistance with meals while at the hospital
* Assistance with gas cards for travel to and from the hospital
* Assistance with non-covered medical supplies
Other Orphan-Focused Organizations
- Agape Family Life House - They provide care to special-needs children in China, especially those with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease)
- Back2Back Ministries - They provide care to orphans in Mexico, Nigeria, and India
- Christian Alliance for Orphans - They work with other Christian organizations to encourage people to get involved in adoption, foster care, and other worldwide initiatives to care for orphans
- Cry of the Orphan - An alliance of Christian Organizations and churches working together to promote the cause of orphans worldwide
- Dresses for Orphans - They provide orphans around the world with new, specially made shirts and dresses
- Food for Orphans - Their goal is “to supply at least one nutritious meal per day to as many orphans as possible”
- Forgotten Children Worldwide - They work to prevent child trafficking
- Forgotten Voices International - Their goal is to equip churches in southern Africa to care for children orphaned by the AIDS pandemic
- Half the Sky - They provide care for orphans in China
- Hope for Home Ministries - They advocate for the needs of orphans around the world, encouraging people to adopt and to care for orphans
- Kids Around the World - They seek to reach children around the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to help families and children affected by war, poverty, illness, and natural disasters
- Love Without Boundaries - They provide help to orphans in China in the areas of education, foster care, healing homes, medical, and orphanage assistance
- Mending Kids International - They provide children around the world with the life-changing surgeries they need
- New Hope Foundation China - They take in special-needs infants in China and care for them
- Operation Smile - They give children around the world free surgeries to repair cleft lips and palates, among other facial deformities
- Orphan's Promise - They seek to reach children around the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to meet their basic needs in life (viz., education, shelter, and food)
- An Orphan's Wish - They provide medical care to special-needs orphans in China, focusing on those children with specialized medical needs, clubbed feet, and cerebral palsy, among others
- Rice Bowls - They have started an initiative to help people get involved in providing food for orphans around the world
- Sweet Sleep - Their goal is to provide every orphan in the world with his/her own bed as a demonstration of God's love for them in Jesus Christ